Cynthia (aka Artemis)'s Reviews > Jacked Up

Jacked Up by Erin McCarthy

Oct 15, 13

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, dnf, nascar
Read from July 01 to 03, 2012, read count: DNF

I was excited to get started on the next installment of the Fast Track series because the story is about a jack man instead of a driver. Also, it was about time Eve saw some action. And that cover, just so yummy.

Nolan Ford is the jack man (the crew member who carries the jack over the wall to service the car when it comes in to make a pit stop) for Evan Monroe's team. Well, he had what you would call a "wardrobe malfunction" on pit road when his fire suit split down the back seam. Nolan likes to go commando.

Eve Monroe, sister of stock car drivers Evan and Elec Monroe, and she is the PR Rep for both of them. Her job is to keep everybody happy. When this latest fiasco on the track happens and the video goes viral on YouTube, she can't fix the problem but tries her best to get Nolan to wear underwear.

The story starts out with snappy attitude and dialogue between Nolan and Eve. You can feel the sexual tension between the two of them and at any time it's just going to explode. Nolan's character as a laid-back Southern Boy who has landed his dream job is spot on. He's charming, intelligent, sexy as hell, knows what he wants, all without being arrogant.

Eve on the other hand has issues. She's not happy with her job or where she is at this point in her life. In the garage, the crew call her the "battle-ax". Eve wanted to drive a race car (she was very good at it), just like her brothers, but was told she couldn't because she was a girl and girls don't do that. This eats at her for years till she becomes a snippy bitch. The type of person who when you see coming - you get out of their way.

I made it to page 126. I'm sure Nolan and Eve find their HEA after some hot sexing (there wasn't any up to this point) and a grand misunderstanding, but there was no way I could read any more. Eve's continual ugly "teasing" and "taunting" remarks to Nolan were getting on my last nerve.

BTW, did you know that racecar spelled backwards is racecar!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jacked Up.