Stewart's Reviews > Keepsake

Keepsake by Kristina Riggle

Sep 23, 12

Read from September 18 to 23, 2012

I have to admit that I am somewhat confused over the positive reviews of this novel. This was my first experience reading anything by Kristina Riggle but I had a very hard time becoming interested at all. In fact, at times the reading was almost painful. I have rarely found a leading character to be as annoying as Trish was in Keepsake.

While I admit that I am probably not the target audience of this book (in fact I think I'm the only male on Goodreads to review it), I found the story to be uninspired. Mental illness is one of those fascinating topic that I actually love to read about because of former experience working in the mental health field. I wanted characters that were more relatable and less obnoxious but they never became interesting to me. The story felt very flat and predictable.

Eventually my interest just fizzled and although I felt like I invested way to much time making my way about two-thirds of the way through the story, I eventually abandoned hope of becoming intrigued in Keepsake.

Chances are there are some people who will enjoy this story but I'm not one of them. Since I won the book in a Goodreads giveaway, I decided to cut my losses and move on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keepsake.

09/18/2012 page 22
09/21/2012 page 100
27.0% "I don't think I've ever found a character as annoying as Trish. Not sure if I'll get through this one..."