Tiffany's Reviews > One

One by Kathryn Otoshi

F 50x66
Jun 05, 2012

bookshelves: bullying, art, emotions, friendship, color, social-emotional-development, empathy

This is one of the most beautiful children's books I've read. The pictures are very simple, but the author uses this simplicity to tell such a touching and true story that every person can relate to. If you have a child who is dealing with bullying or just dealing with people in general, this is a great book to read. Even though the pictures are just colors, the author is able to create big personalities and make you feel very connected to the colors. When I read this story to my Pre-K class, they were able to empathize and really feel what the colors were going through. They were eager to problem solve and find solutions to the bullying situation going on in the story. We also talked about real life situations when we treated people this way or when we were treated badly by someone else. It is a great way to talk about emotions in a very safe and comforting way. I also recommended this book to a teacher friend who had older students also dealing with bullying. It really helps students think of others before themselves, which is just like CHRIST!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One.