Best's Reviews > The Land of Decoration

The Land of Decoration by Grace McCleen

5198666
Jun 05, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: for-class, contemporary, religion, magical-realism, awful, 2012-reads, 1-star, literary-fiction
Read from August 25 to 30, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 2

Reread September 3 - 4, 2012
I still very much hate it the second time around. Let's hear it for my patience and tolerance.

I was annoyed in the beginning and I've been annoyed along the way and I'm annoyed in the end.
I hate this book. If there's a question in the exams asking for a one-page essay of my opinion, I swear I will not spare anything and I'm not going to use euphemisms and I'm definitely not going to pretend to like it and praise it just to get points. I'm gonna thrash it. Take that, teachers!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Land of Decoration.

08/25/2012 page 24
08/28/2012 page 139
48.0% "I knew it! I knew it's not the Almighty she's been talking to! It's the Devil! I hope this ends in something unexpected like her quitting being a Christian or something. I need something as exciting as that 'cause it's really boring me to death right now."
08/29/2012 page 164
56.0% "There's no end in sight. I'm so bored." 2 comments
08/30/2012 page 256
88.0% "Not long now... I want it over with!"
09/03/2012 page 118
41.0% "Oh God. This is the second time already (for test on Wednesday), and I truly expected things to go faster, but of course this book has to be so much of a pain that I can only read, per hour, 30 pages MAXIMUM. I just can't for the life of me get into it. I keep getting bored. And now I'm as sleepy as someone who hasn't slept in 4 years. This book is a friggin' sleeping pill. A torturous one at that, too. *cries*"

Kürbis you don't like it? it almost made me cry..T-T

message 2: by Best (new) - rated it 1 star

Best I hate it, more like. It didn't make me cry, nor did it bring me any closer to tears than when I'm staring at my wall. Horrible book. I'm so pissed.