Saly's Reviews > Easy

3192922
Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, rom-contemporary, single-titles, favorites
Read in June, 2012

I bow to the power of GR, I mean personally I wouldn't have picked up this book if not for the glowing reviews of my friends and that would have been my loss, since this book was awesome. People have written awesome reviews about this so I won't, just jot down my dis-jointed thoughts.

This book felt so real, the depiction of Jackie as a girl who followed her boyfriend of three years to a college of his choice instead of her own dreams felt real, her confusion after he broke up with her felt real too and we slowly see her becoming Jacqueline instead of Jackie, the name her ex gave her. Her feelings after the assault on her is something felt by so many women, the shame, the fear, wanting to forget instead of creating a fuss because no matter what you say in any society a woman is blamed for inciting men, which is total BS and makes my blood boil.

Lucas is the guy who rescues her and he is such a swoon-worthy hero, he works, he sketches and is such a protector. And I knew he was the tutor too, not at first but after a few e-mail exchanges I knew it and I was head over heels for him. That his past was so sad made me feel for him. He was so sweet and sexy with her as well, their gradual progression to a more intimate relationship and that moment when he asked her to say Stop, soo awesome!!

All in all an excellent book, I loved how it dealt with the romance, self-defense, speaking out against a guy even when people all around you seem to blame you, everything was perfect.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jae Liked it, did ya?

Saly Jae wrote: "Liked it, did ya?"

Hell yeah!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Saly Rena wrote: "Haha, I wouldn't have added this book to my TBR if it wasn't for my GR friends too!"

I know, GR is awesome!!

Booklover Great Review Saly!even i read so many glowing reviews including yours,Rena and Jae's,now have to read this it has peaked my curiosity,starting it today itself:)

Saly Booklover wrote: "Great Review Saly!even i read so many glowing reviews including yours,Rena and Jae's,now have to read this it has peaked my curiosity,starting it today itself:)"

Hope you are not disappointed.

♡Karlyn P♡ Great review Saly! It was surpringly good, and I rarely read YA. It proves you don't need an unhealthy, twisted, and disfunctional relationship to make a book popular and exciting to read. :-) Oh how I want more like this!

Saly ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "Great review Saly! It was surpringly good, and I rarely read YA. It proves you don't need an unhealthy, twisted, and disfunctional relationship to make a book popular and exciting to read. :-) Oh h..."

I want more as well, the only reason I don't read YA is because I can't stand the teenage drama and over the top things but this one I loved.

Lady convinced me to read this, and yes gr is awesome

message 10: by Saly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saly Lady wrote: "convinced me to read this, and yes gr is awesome"

LL, I am sure you will love this.

message 11: by Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Loved it, can you point me in the direction of good ya books like this (college people) I'm new to the genre and getting into it, have you read What a boy wants by Nyrae something?
I just did and it was good

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I am really into college romances too, Lady! Have you read,

That Boy - starts from the 5th grade and works up
Beautiful Disaster
All The Wrong Reasons
The Next Door Boys
First Comes Love
French Kiss

I loved all of these. If you have any other recommendations, I'd loved to hear about them!

message 13: by Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Haven't read none of those, this was basically the first college romance I've really liked. Beautiful Disaster I read but hated what I considered the cheating. Thanks a bunch for the other recom's though!

message 14: by Saly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saly Lady wrote: "Loved it, can you point me in the direction of good ya books like this (college people) I'm new to the genre and getting into it, have you read What a boy wants by Nyrae something?
I just did and i..."

Well I haven't read that many you have just made me add to my list.

message 15: by Saly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saly Rena wrote: "Yay! I am really into college romances too, Lady! Have you read,

That Boy - starts from the 5th grade and works up
Beautiful Disaster
All The Wrong Reasons
The Next Door Boys
First Comes Love
Fren..."

Thanks, Rena for the books I am slowly getting into these sort of books and rec's help a lot.

Ronyell Awesome review Saly!!! I just loved this book to death and I would love to re-read it again!!!

message 17: by Saly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saly Ronyell wrote: "Awesome review Saly!!! I just loved this book to death and I would love to re-read it again!!!"

Thanks, Ronyell. I love this book as well!!

Ronyell Saly wrote: "Ronyell wrote: "Awesome review Saly!!! I just loved this book to death and I would love to re-read it again!!!"

Thanks, Ronyell. I love this book as well!!"

You're welcome!! :D