Emily Iliani's Reviews > Slowness

Slowness by Milan Kundera

Jan 14, 14

bookshelves: home, to-read
Read from June 06 to 17, 2012

After a huge success in reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera, I moved to savor more ah-ha moments with MK. Picked up The Joke by Milan Kundera and it failed me instantly. With that disappointment, I put down after page 18 and picked up The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera which also didnt hit the magic like before.

With very little to hold on to, I chose to continue with Slowness considering that it is not as thick as Life Is Elsewhere by Milan Kundera.

It did a fair trick; simple and eloquent in its own way. I was hoping for MK's verbosity but for me his simplicity is just as intriguing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slowness.

06/06 page 36
06/06 page 36
25.0% "Been lagging in my reading time being busy with my own thoughts. This one is worth the lag. May turn up better than The Unbearable Lightness of Being!"
12/26 marked as: currently-reading
01/14 marked as: to-read
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Saidatul Madiha I think ? thought? Immortality is the best place to start.

Emily Iliani Saidatul Madiha wrote: "I think ? thought? Immortality is the best place to start."

Yes this is hard. To nail down a good way of attacking a good writer's perversion; do we go with the most well-known, the first published, the first written or the thinnest of them all.

For me Unbearable Lightness is the epitome of good word-tricks and must say although Slowness isnt even close to it, the lightness of the ideas is very nice.

(Walhal sebab sebenar mula dengan Unbearable dan diikuti dengan Slowness, kerana tempahan online untuk Immortality tak tiba2)