Mara's Reviews > My Immortal Assassin

My Immortal Assassin by Carolyn Jewel

Apr 22, 15

bookshelves: pnr
Read from June 07 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

re-read on April 19th, 2015. Again, I stand by my review.

If you are reading My Immortal Assassin you are (probably) already a fan of this series. Then you already know how good the world-building is and that this is a PNR with a darker UF edge.

If you are not a fan, you should start from the first to fully appreciate it. It's not necessary, I think you could read this and get an idea. But you can understand a lot more and, above all, you will like My Immortal Assassin more. :)

Both hero and heroine are survivors: strong, tough, somewhat bitter. Contrary to Xia's story that really was too fast to be fully believable, here the romance has a very slow pace. And contrast beautifully with the action which was very fast.

If I have to find a problem, I'll point to the heroine's past captivity. Given how harsh and cruel the experience was, I think it should have impacted her more. We get her thirst of revenge, but it isn't that strong (she surrenders it quickly during Durian and Nicodemus' argument). We do get a glimpse of it, but I fear it's not enough... (view spoiler).

I agree with Naysa, it's the best this far.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Immortal Assassin.

06/08/2012
66.0% "wow, it is better than the first 2"

RachelW I can't believe we've been friends this long; even through my different incarnations. How do I put up with you?!? ;-)