Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > Wolf Tracks

Jun 04, 12

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-kclu
Read in June, 2012

KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Wolf Tracks is book four in Vivian Arend’s Granite Lake Wolves series, and I have to say it is my favorite so far. I loved TJ in the other books, but in this one he just stole my heart. This is also the steamiest and funniest of the series so far.

The book opens with the traditional wedding of Maggie and Eric. Standing up for the couple are TJ and Pam Quinn. Pam is Maggie’s human BFF. She helped her get though some of the tough times when she lived away from the pack. She has no idea that her best friend and all her family and groom’s family are also wolves.

From the moment we met TJ in book one, we have known he is the worlds clumsiest and most accident prone wolf when in human form, but all that changes when he meets his mate. Only one problem with his mate, she is a human!! From the moment he met her he is having traditional mate reactions to her. Now to convince not only Pam but also the pack that she is his mate. When he gets the advice to court her traditionally, does he do what any wolf would do?? Oh no he kidnaps her, and brings her to a secluded cabin in the wilderness.

Pam is great complex woman full of sarcasm and a doubt that any relationship can last forever. She is confused by this handsome as hell younger man that attracts her on a level she has never experienced before, but decides to have a brief affair with him before going on her week long wilderness tour with Keil and TJ. They weren’t on the trail a day when he offers her a helicopter ride to view the scenery. When she realized he has really kidnapped her and they will be at the cabin for at lease a week, she tries her darnedest to stay mad at him, but there is something about him that pulls her to him. Things get hot and heavy with these two fast once they are at the cabin, but TJ has a hard time hiding the furry side of him. UNTIL Pam literally faces down a bear in a scene that had me literally laughing out loud…. (She tells her self.. Stay till. It can’t see you if you don’t move. No, wait-that’s what you’re supposed to do for a T-Rex!! ) TJ knows the bear is only trying to figure out what Pam is, but has to shift in order to chase it off. Pam isn’t scared of the wolf that seems to come out of nowhere, but she does keep yelling for TJ. He has no choice but to shift back right in front of her. How’s a girl not supposed to freak out when the guy you just had smoking hot sex with turns into a wolf in front of you?? She doesn’t totally freak, but TJ has a lot of explaining to do. Will he be able to convince her that she is his mate, and that they are connected on chemical level?? Can he break down her walls, and take a chance on believing in forever with him as his mate??

There is so much I just really loved about this book! It was full of laughter and steamy sex scenes. TJ was so much fun in the other books, and pairing him with Pam just brought out that greatness even more!! It is a wonderfully written quick read. You don’t feel the story was rushed at all. Pam makes TJ kinda work for her a lil bit, and that is just great. Often times in small books that is skipped over. This is one of the things I love about Vivian’s books most. She doesn’t pass over the important emotions even in her shorter books. I highly recommend this one, and the rest of the series!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf Tracks.