Holly's Reviews > The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis

Ah Lucky Harbor....how I wish I could somehow find a way to make you a real place so I could move there and find myself a hunky man to call my own.

This is the second book in the series, and I do believe my personal favorite to date. This time around the focus is on Tara, the unflappable, straight-laced sister to wild-child Chloe and slightly wacky and wonderful Maddie. Tara has decided to stay on in Lucky Harbor to try and help her sisters get their Mother's old B&B back up and running, serving as the resident chef and Mother Hen. But staying in town means seeing ex-boyfriend Ford on a daily basis. And things are complicated further by the arrival of both Tara's estranged husband - intent on winning her back, and the long lost daughter that Tara and Ford gave up for adoption years before.

Yes, the story line sounds a bit convoluted, but trust me...it works on every single level. This is not just a cliche' romance. This book has heart and will win over even the most jaded soul. It definitely won me over. I loved reading about the citizens of Lucky Harbor, and Tara and Ford's story was especially affecting due to the added element of first love, and the fact that they had a daughter together at such an early age.

I loved seeing Maddie & Jax again. And I will always enjoy spending time with all of the crazy residents of this quirky town. This book also happens to feature what was probably my favorite HEA moment of any romance I have read in recent memory (the ending had me more than a little teary-eyed).

This series is just flawless in my opinion, and Jill Shalvis is now at the top of my must-read authors list.

My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bookgasmic
My blog: http://ravingbookaddict.blogspot.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetest Thing.

06/05/2012
06/06/2012
70.0% "Damn if I haven't found another auto-buy series and author."
06/06/2012
70.0% "Damn if I haven't found another auto-buy series and author."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Blue Eyed Book Nerd) Great review. This review reminds me how much I loved the first book in the series (:
I think Jill Shavis is awesome - why haven't I read this yet? Lol

Holly Elizabeth wrote: "Great review. This review reminds me how much I loved the first book in the series (:
I think Jill Shavis is awesome - why haven't I read this yet? Lol"

You definitely should read it!

Elizabeth (Blue Eyed Book Nerd) Okay I moved it up on my list
Have you read all of them in this series?