Elizabeth's Reviews > The Summer of No Regrets

The Summer of No Regrets by Katherine Grace Bond

Jun 04, 12

Read from May 31 to June 02, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I bought this about a month ago at Barnes & Noble. I was simply looking for a summer book that was prone to be filled with romance. I only just got around to reading it a few days ago and finished this 285-page book in about a day and a half. I really enjoyed this novel, even though it was not quite what I had been expecting.

Upon picking it up and reading the back cover, I didn't expect this to feature a plot deeper than dating a Hollywood bad boy. I also hadn't expected that the plot would take place in somewhere other than sunny Los Angeles. I hadn't expected that I was going to relate to 16-year-old Briggita as well as I did. Beyond the fact that she meets a boy and they start a romance, she struggles with the common adolescent issue of finding oneself. She struggles to find a religion for herself, and she struggles with her relationship with her father.

I love the fact that in this novel, the romance between Briggita and Luke is started over a rather outrageous event and then blooms over time. Let's not forget the fact that she's keeping Luke a secret, people! Of course, her parents and friends know they are neighbors, but she never mentions hanging out with him, or being around him.

I could not wait until the big reveal, where Brigitta found out Luke's real identity. Though she sometimes suspected it, she had never truly believed the Luke was Trent Yves.

The Summer of No Regrets was a refreshing read, with a unique take on summer romance!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer of No Regrets.