Ruth's Reviews > Snowbound with a Stranger

Snowbound with a Stranger by Rebecca Rogers Maher

Jun 07, 12

bookshelves: net_galley, contemporary-romance, slightly-smutty-beach-fluff, tasty-little-morsels
Read from June 04 to 07, 2012

This one provided by netgalley, was a rather pleasant little novella, a variation on the snowstorm trope, and I quite enjoyed it. It flowed nicely, and both the hero and the heroine were nice characters.

It was heavy on the emotional side, but in a way that wasn't over-the-top or cheesy, and the quickie nature of a novella was finished off nicely by not necessarily giving the hero and heroine a HEA, but hinting at it. I also have to say I really liked that the hero and heroine weren't 25 year-olds, but late 30s/early 40s, and yet didn't fall into the usual divorcee with kids-in-tow, or divorcee who is unable to have kids story lines. Why is that the promise of kids has to feature so prominently in contemporary romances when the heroine is over 30? I honestly think it ruins the vibe most of the time, and I'm so glad that this one didn't do that.

I wasn't sure about the sex-with-a-stranger thing though. It felt too quick for me. OK, so they really fancied the pants off each other, but couldn't we have made them get to know each other a bit first, and have a bit more sensuality before sexuality? Just a thought.

Anyway, 3 stars, I enjoyed it. On sale now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snowbound with a Stranger.