Carissa's Reviews > I Am a Mother

I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson

Jun 04, 12

Read in June, 2012

I expected to enjoy this read more than I did. I was disappointed with how many quotes were included. It sometimes felt like a book of quotes. I think I would have liked it better if the author would have stuck to her own very interesting story. Besides that, I found it cheesy and repetitive at times. Although it was a good message to repeat! The author's tone was often a little too condescending and a little too, "Look at me and how amazing I am!" (I'm not saying anything personal about the author. She seems like a very nice person. I know it's hard not to sound that way in a book like this.) I agree with another reviewer that the author's sacrifice was incredible but that's not to say that other moms' sacrifices aren't just as incredible.

I did like parts of this book. I think the author's heart was in the right place. I found the story uplifting and I learned a thing or two. I think that I would have enjoyed this more if I felt like I was, "just a mother". But I've never had that problem.

Three Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am a Mother.