Princess Bookie's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Lisa McMann

Dec 07, 12

bookshelves: read2012
Read from December 06 to 07, 2012

My Thoughts: Okay, okay yes there were some interesting things about this novel but I just didn’t fall in love with it.

We are introduced to Jules who lives with her family. Her mother, father, older brother and younger sister. Her dad has massive mood swings, one day he’s happy, the next he’s sad. And he is a big time hoarder. They also run a family business, a pizza place. Now, now this part was awesome. I seriously loved reading about their pizza deliveries and how their business was run.

She has also been in love with the same boy since she was a kid. Sawyer. It was apparent that those feelings had the possibility to be mutual but at first I wasn't so sure. At time’s it almost felt stalkerish I guess. Jules and Sawyer’s families are enemies so they aren't even really allowed to talk anymore.

A lot of family history, even though she didn't know much of it at first.

Jules is also seeing visions. She keeps seeing an explosion and then body bags. She sees it on billboards, the tv, everywhere you could imagine. That part confused me a little bit, the way she could rewind it. I don’t know, didn't like that I guess.

But the kicker, her precious Sawyer is in one of the body bags. She knows she must stop whatever is about to happen. I liked Sawyer I did. But at times I wanted him to stick up for himself with his parents. I wanted him to be a man. HAHA.

So, she goes on her quest to do something, to change things. And I’ll stop there. I don’t know, I just didn't like this one as much as I hoped I would. And its the start of a series, so I’ll end up reading the next ones to find out what happens. It probably could have been a stand alone, but the ending. Oh the ending, just opens it right back up for the next in the series.

Overall: It was just ok for me. I did really like the pizza aspect, the family aspect, but I didn't really connect to the story or characters like I had hoped I would. I can see where some will love this one and that is good, but it just wasn't the perfect story for me I guess and that is ok. I know I can’t love every single novel I read!

Cover: Its cool. The eye is very appealing!

What I'd Give It: 3/5 Cupcakes
__________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.