Kelly_Instalove's Reviews > My Fair Concubine

My Fair Concubine by Jeannie Lin

Jun 04, 2012

bookshelves: genre-romance, theme-pygmalion, source-netgalley, era-historical, hist-ancient-classical, theme-beta-hero, theme-disguise, format-audio, favorites
Read from July 27 to 29, 2012

Grade: A

I swooned. And then I got weepy. And then I swooned again.

He’d trained her in calligraphy to teach her patience and discipline while using the same techniques to try to control his own emotions. He’d buried them deep and only allowed them to show in one place.

In the forms, she could see the gathered memories of their days together. She could see the hundred different want he thought of her. The flowing curves of wistfulness, the tight control of denial. It was all there. Anger, hope, longing. Desire.

Huh? What? Oh, sorry – I was swooning again.

This was my first Jeannie Lin. Now I own her entire backlist and I pre-ordered her next one. I think this means I have an Author Crush. In a totally non-creepy, non-stalkerish kind of way, of course.

[NOTE: I read a digital ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley.]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fair Concubine.

07/27/2012
10.0% "Chapter one, and the hero already gets cold tea thrown in his face. This is a good sign."
07/28/2012
25.0% "First writing lesson = *swoon*"
07/28/2012
42.0% "I wish the slumber party in my living room would actually slumber so I could READ MY BOOK because I THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOME SMOOCHING SOON."
07/29/2012
71.0% "*~*happy sigh*~*"
06/07/2015 marked as: currently-reading
06/07/2015
1.0% "Re-read #7 (or so) - audio this time. I love this book sooooo much."
06/09/2015 marked as: read