Paola's Reviews > Keep Holding On

Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti

Jun 05, 12

Read from June 04 to 05, 2012

3.5/4 stars out of 5
When I started reading this book it kind of reminded me of Some Girls Are, where the character is also bullied. The difference is the Noelle was never mean to anyone, she actually is a shy girl who just wants to fit in. Even her mom treats her real bad and like crap. And she does NOT deserve what she gets, she suffers enough at home.
I really liked the book because it got better at the end when she stands up for herself, I mean the book was really good but reading the things they did to her kind of disturbed me. I get that part where the author wants to tell every high school teenager who's ever been bullied that they don't have to take the easy way (suicide) to make the pain stop, they can be done and brave and shut those mean people and bullies up. Colasanti makes us see reality, and that's why this was such a good book.
P.S: I really liked the characters of Sherae, Julian and Simon. They'd do anything to help Noelle, a friend, out. They made me want to hope that some people in that high school were worth it. Oh sweet lord, and what happened to Ali Walsh? Okay, that totally shock the hell out of me. I, … just couldn't believe it. I stared at chapter nineteen for like 10 minutes? I felt really bad, like I was Noelle, because she wanted to be her friend but she knew it would be a bad idea, anyway it was awful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keep Holding On.

Quotes Paola Liked

Susane Colasanti
“Life would be so much easier if fictional boys were real.”

Susane Colasanti
“I wish emotional bruises healed like physical ones.”

“SEEING BELIEVING