Ann's Reviews > Falling Home

Falling Home by Karen   White

Jun 10, 2012

it was ok
Read from June 04 to 10, 2012

Meh. Too predictable. Too hokey. Too "aren't all Southern towns quaint and aren't all Southerners the friendliest, down-home folks." And the love interest is a hot doctor? Come on. What I want to know, since I've been rating a lot of books lately with only two and three stars, is who are the editors??? What are they letting get published? What are their standards? I'd love to have an editors job. I'd love to read for a living but believe me, I'd be passing judgement and making recommendations for tighter story lines and I wouldn't assume that every female author has a female audience that wants to read Romance novels. Depth, I'm just looking for a little depth.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Home.

Judi Milton I think publishers latch onto writers who get a good book or two under their belt - then they give a pass to anything they write.

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ann Yeah I think that's true. Like how James Patterson churns out several books a year. Please. I think I read somewhere that this was a re-release, that it was actually one of her first books and after she became "famous" it was re-released. They shouldn't have bothered.

Judi Milton Ann wrote: "Yeah I think that's true. Like how James Patterson churns out several books a year. Please. I think I read somewhere that this was a re-release, that it was actually one of her first books and afte..."

this is a re-release - it says so in the author's notes in the book. I read Beach Trees and loved it - that's why I wound up reading falling home - it was a disappointment. I feel on a good day, Karen White's writing style is similar to Kristen Hannah who has never disappointed me.

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ann I read Beach Trees too and liked it. I think I've read other books of hers as well, and liked them. I'll still give her another chance. ;)

Judi Milton Ann wrote: "I read Beach Trees too and liked it. I think I've read other books of hers as well, and liked them. I'll still give her another chance. ;)"

I read On Folly Beach and Sea Changes - liked them both - I'd read more Karen White too - she just needs to leave the past in the past. instead of trying to rewrite her old books she ought to try writing new ones.