Summer's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

May 10, 2016

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary-romance, did-not-finish, heroine-is-annoying, romance, new-adult
Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** So I actually really liked this book until the part where they finally sleep together. It wasn't literary crack to me but I found the story pretty engrossing and I wanted to know what happens. It kind of annoyed me how Abby kept acting oblivious to Travis's feeling and how she well knew that she was stringing two men along but wasn't being honest with either (particularly Travis). But those thing I figured would resolve itself when Abby and Travis finally slept together. I figured Abby would have enough sense that once it got that far she would resolve her feelings for Travis. But the the crazy heroine just blows it off and runs away. I wanted to smack her around a few times and pretty much wanted to call it quits on the book altogether. I liked the beginning enough to give it one last shot and I still thought the heroine an idiot but things eventually worked out, but then the crazy father makes an appearance and the heroine acts an even bigger idiot. Uuufgggghhhhhh.... It sucks when something you like let's you down. I would read more by the author since I reaaaally did like it up to a certain point but I had to just call it quits for this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

08/10/2015 marked as: did-not-finish