JenniferJ's Reviews > Xor: The Shape of Darkness

Jun 04, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: z2012
Read in June, 2012

The preface and beginning lured me in quickly with lots of promise of a whirlwind of a tale but after my initial excitement, sadly the magic wore off for me. I was onboard up until the point that all the world building and training took place but it was just too descriptive for me and where I began to lose interest.

Lewis had been whisked away to Xor after coming home to find his adoptive parents home blown up and his father perished and told he now was the only person who could save this strange new world and his birth parents but nobody knew how to really train him so basically time was running out and the blind was leading the blind so to speak and Lewis's sadness over losing his adoptive parents was really interferring with what training he was getting but gosh I can't imagine having to save a planet and family I knew nothing about when my own world had just come crashing down around me either!

The story in itself was a good one and I do recommend for middle graders or anybody who loves fantasy to read it but I think it lacked the action I was craving and in need of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Xor.