Megan's Reviews > Intuition

Intuition by Amy A. Bartol

Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: un-put-down-able, love-love-love, paranormal-supernatural-fantasy, i-ve-recommended
Read from June 05 to 06, 2012

This was another great addition to 'The Premonition' series. It was action packed with some new characters that, I feel, really added to the intruigue of the world that Evie finds herself smack dab in the middle of. I loved how Brennus and his fellas sort of grew on you and blurred the lines between good and bad. That was very well executed by the author. I wasn't thrilled at first with the chapters from Russel's POV, but as I thought about how dark and depressing (and possibly monotonous) those chapters would have been from Evie's POV, I got over it. I enjoyed this book from start to finish, however there were a few things that ruffled my feathers. One thing that got to me was the poor use (at times) of the vernacular... Words like grody - used several times - felt awkward and forced. The other thing that killed me is the choice that Evie made to leave in order to protect her friends and Reed. It just feels like the easy route for her character (and the author) to take and very remiscent of Twilight. That being said, that choice definitely led to an exciting place and interesting development in the story line. I like where this book ended and where the series is headed. Now, onto the third book!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intuition.