Annie Michelle 's Reviews > The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D.

The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D. by Nichole Bernier

Jun 21, 12

bookshelves: free-arcs
Read from June 04 to 16, 2012

This is a beautifully written story about friendship, loss and how we live in the world, who we love and who we ultimately trust.

Kate and Elizabeth are good friends until a fatal accident cuts short Elizabeth’s life. when the will is read amazingly Kate is left with a trunk of Elizabeth's life long journals.
The journals were not left to her husband which sadly leaves tension among people who used to be good friends. I was troubled by the idea of Elizabeth leaving her journals to Kate and even more troubled with Kate's reaction to this decision and the control she thought she should have over who should see these journals when she was done with them. These decisions bring trouble to her, her husband and needless problems with the deceased husband and family

The writing in this book is beautiful, thoughtful and transforming.
people often live a life for others and a life that is just for them where they hide their past, their hurts and their sorrows that are too painful to expose for all to see.
Journals can be a wonderful way to share with your family and loved ones things they may never have known and at the same time they can be all to revealing.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D..

06/13/2012 page 97
31.0% "bittersweet tale of friendship..."