Vera Godley's Reviews > The Director's Cut

The Director's Cut by Janice  Thompson

Jun 04, 2012

Read from June 04 to 14, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

My thoughts: Typically, I don't equate ANYTHING from Hollywood or show business with genuine Christianity. I just finished reading a contemporary Christian fiction novel by Janice Thompson, Director's cut, which - although I KNOW it is fiction - tends to change my mind a bit.

First of all, the main character is Tia Morales and she has carved out a successful niche in the cut throat world of TV and is an award winning director. The show she directs is a comedy. The characters behind the show (you know, the real live folks who are doing the acting of the pretend characters) are really a trip in and of themselves.

Next in the lineup of folks you will love meeting, is Jason Harris. Now he is the camera man. He makes what Tia wants done come alive on the screen. But he also seems to be making Tia come alive in a sense that she is beginning to awaken to some really positive vibes between Jason and herself.

Tia's family is a riot. There are issues at play with each member of her family. Unfaithfulness. Uncertainty. Alcohol. Slothfulness. For each of these problems, it seems Tia is the one who comes to the rescue. The dynamics in this family are simply crazy but you will see some beauty trying to peek through in each of the characters .

The romance element of this story - and YES there is a bit of romance - is low-key and definitely non-offensive.

Throughout the story, Tia and Jason are clearly living their lives dependent on the faith that sustains them.

Yes, I recommend this as a breezy, comedic, romance, faith-filled story of folks who are like your neighbor next door who have successes, problems, and grace filling their lives.

About the author: Janice Thompson is a seasoned romance author and former screenwriter. An expert at pulling the humor from the situations we get ourselves into, Thompson affords an inside look at TV land, drawing on her experiences as a screenwriter. She is the author of the Weddings by Bella series, Star Collide and Hello Hollywood! She lives in Texas.
Available June 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a complimentary copy of The Director's Cut by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, in exchange for my honest opinion. No requirement for a positive review was made.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Director's Cut.

Dawn That's one of my next ones too. I'm reviewing it for Revell