Ashley's Reviews > In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day: How to Survive and Thrive When Opportunity Roars

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson

Dec 13, 08

bookshelves: christian-spirituality
Read in December, 2008

I cannot even begin to put in to words how much I enjoyed, and honestly, how much I needed to read "In A Pit..." This is truly a word in season for me right now.

For a few months I got by just reading about 5-10 pages a week...there was SO much to absorb that I didn't want to risk overlooking things, just to 'get through' the book. Finally I decided to just sit and finish reading it, with my trusty high lighter sitting next to me, so I could highlight things I wanted to really focus on long-term.

I cannot stress how "perfect" this book has been right now- God TRULY led me to read this book NOW. There's a reason I read it when I did.

In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day will, without a doubt, be a book that I continue to return to for years. It may get a bit repetitive at times- and the constant title-dropping gets a bit old...but I can easily overlook that considering the great substance that oozes out of the pages.

This is a ridiculously inspiring book- I am forever grateful to Mark Batterson for chasing his lion and publishing this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day.

10/04/2008 page 27
10/26/2008 page 47
20.98% "This is an absolutely amazing book- but I have to read it in small chunks and really let it absorb. There's a lot packed in to 175 pages!"
show 4 hidden updates…