Linda's Reviews > A Holiday of Love

A Holiday of Love by Judith McNaught

3919132
I have started a new tag since I bought this book. 'Anthologies that are worth purchasing for one story.' And that is the reason for my five stars. Recently I picked this book up at a used book store that was going out of business. Everything was a bargain. I noticed that Jill Barnett's name was on the cover and I have enjoyed several full-length stories by her so I said to myself, go for it! And I am so glad I did.

First off, I have not read the other stories but DANIEL AND THE ANGEL is a little gem. At slightly under 100 pages it is one of those stories that is both uplifting and heartwarming.

Daniel has money. Lots of money. He thinks he is happy until he runs into Lillian. Literally. One minute she is not there, the next she is and he thinks she is hurt. Suffice-to-say, Lilli shows Daniel what the meaning of true happiness is.

Read this story in November when you are wondering, again for the umpteenth time, what the meaning of Christmas is. Read it if you are feeling low and want a gentle romance. Read it for the dark brooding hero. Or buy it for their quirky conversations.

Regarding his money:

Lilli: "Did you ever hear the expression 'You can't take it with you'?"
Daniel: "Of course."
Lilli: "Where I come from, wealth doesn't matter."
Daniel: "Then it's probably a place I'd rather not visit."
Lilli: "I don't think that will be a problem."

On where she lives:

Lilli: "...I don't know where I live."
Daniel: "How convenient."
Lilli: "You don't believe me?"
Daniel: "No. I don't believe you."
Lilli: "I'm sorry."
Daniel: "I don't want apologies, just answers."
Lilli: "I wasn't apologizing. I'm sorry for you."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Holiday of Love.