Jessica's Reviews > The Final Years Of Marilyn Monroe: The Shocking True Story

The Final Years Of Marilyn Monroe by Keith Badman

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from June 04 to 15, 2012

This was an intereasting read and Badman had researched his stuff very well BUT it was hard reading. The chapters in this book are really long and so there's no obvious place where you can stop and come back to it. It's difficult to read in chunks because there's so much to take in.

Also there's a lot of point scoring in here. I'm not really a massive fan and before now I hadn't read any other books that document her life and the inconsistencies surrounding her death. So I did find phrases such as "unlike ..... who states that ...... this is what actually happened" I know he's setting the story straight but it felt more like sniping and made it very disjointed and difficult to read.

Aside from that I think Badman's book really does give the reader a full account of what actually happened and puts all the conspiracies to bed. I loved reading about the gallavants of Monroe, The Ratpack, Liz Taylor and other Hollywood socialites. But I guess like Marilyn herself I was hoping for a bit more glitz.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Years Of Marilyn Monroe.