Carol's Reviews > The Gingerbread Bump-Off

The Gingerbread Bump-Off by Livia J. Washburn

Nov 03, 14

bookshelves: 2012, cozy-mysteries
Read from June 08 to 12, 2012

The Gingerbread Bump-off by Livia J. Washington is delicious page turner and would be a great book to read during the holidays.

This is my first time to read a Livia J. Washington cozy but it won't be my last. Now I want to read all of the series. This author knows how to engage you from the beginning and keep you hooked until the end. There were at least four red herrings, a hint of romance, and plenty of good cooking.

Phyllis Newson, the main character, lives in Weatherford, Texas in her house with her friends, Sam, Carolyn and Eve. She hits northern Texas weather right on the nose, and has a Sherlockian sense of deduction. She is not dumb; she takes her friend, Sam with her in dangerous situation.

She was invited to join in the Jingle Bell tour as a last moment decision and after several days of intense preparation with the help of her friends is ready to enjoy the experience. But Georgia Hallerbee, the head of the tour, gets knocked off on Phyllis's front porch with a heavy ceramic gingerbread woman.

I recommend this sweet mystery to all cozy readers; it is one of the very best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gingerbread Bump-Off.

06/08/2012 page 12