Shalyce's Reviews > Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy

Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson

Jun 04, 2012

This book definitely made me think about life and what I want my life to be. I found it to be a quick and thought-provoking read. I was a little annoyed at the beginning of the book as I thought it was way too pleasantville-ish. I would have liked to have it feel a little more authentic rather than so perfect. The period in which Stephanie experiences the plan crash and what she went through afterwards was heartbreaking and fascinating. She had lots of feelings I wouldn't have predicted. The role her family played and the family dynamics were also interesting as they almost seemed to hinder her progress at times, but clearly made a huge difference at other points. It made me wonder what the experience of a burn victim would be without such vast support. The way Stephanie has moved forward is definitely admirable, but I felt like the true hero of the saga was Christian. You hear so little about what he was suffering though he was a burn victim as well and also had to be feeling tremendous guilt,instead you mainly here about just how supportive he was of Stephanie, which did not sound easy. This book reminded me that I want to cherish every moment I have in this life and especially with my children.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven Is Here.