Tori's Reviews > Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Jun 04, 12

When I was younger I always ran the words together saying the title and thought for the longest the actual title was something like "Allison Wonderland". Like that was her full name. I was a smart cookie, I tell ya!

Its hard to rate a child's book because mostly I didn't enjoy it but to be fair you have to think about the fact that you aren't the target age range so what would your younger self say about it? Thats tough.

So while I think Ive either lost some imagination through the years or have never had much of one, id like to think its the former and not the latter. I now have trouble being entertained by the idea of a young girl listening to a slow talking turtle recite rhymes. So sue me.

I also didn't understand half of what was said by the characters, and might have to research it more if I continue to wonder. Maybe it doesnt mean anything and just sounds nice. Im okay with that I guess.

I read this on an e-reader that had it downloaded already so didn't get any pictures which may have contributed to my underwhelmed impressions. It still gets five stars and if I had a kid I would definitely not let them miss this story!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice in Wonderland.