Mirella's Reviews > A Multitude of Sins

A Multitude of Sins by Richard Ford

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: favourites, read-ages-ago
Read in May, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 4

I read this book during my freshman year in college and couldn't put it down. It mesmerized me and stayed with me and every now and then, I would come to think of it and read it all over again. It's one of my all time favourite books and no matter how many times I read it, I still find new things along the way that surprise me. A true classic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Multitude of Sins.

Quotes Mirella Liked

Richard Ford
“And now, while he didn't particularly think any of these stories was a bit truer, he did realize that he didn't really know his wife at all; and that in fact the entire conception of knowing another person--of trust, of closeness, of marriage itself--while not exactly a lie since it existed someplace if only as an idea (in his parents' life, at least marginally) was still completely out-of-date, defunct, was something typifying another era, now unfortunately gone. Meeting a girl, falling in love, marrying her, moving to Connecticut, buying a fucking house, starting a life with her and thinking you really knew anything about her--the last part was a complete fiction, which made all the rest a joke.”
Richard Ford, A Multitude of Sins