Chris's Reviews > Giving Up the Ghost: A Story About Friendship, 80s Rock, a Lost Scrap of Paper, and What It Means to Be Haunted

Giving Up the Ghost by Eric Nuzum

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: won-on-goodreads
Read from June 04 to 22, 2012

I am so excited! I just found out that I won this book on GoodReads! I will read it as soon as I receive it. Thank you.

Came home from work to find the book waiting for me. I was surprised to get it so quickly! Thank you again. I will post again once I have finished reading it.

Great book. I read the preface and really wasn't sure it would interest me, but once I started reading I couldn't stop. In fact, I was annoyed to go to work without finishing it! I love books that I connect with so thoroughly. It was such an honest book--I think a lot of people will relate to this story. Many of us have had periods of real suffering and confusion and a lot of us internalize and don't share our pasts. Sometimes just reading somone else's experiences can be cathartic. I will definitely share this book and will look for other books by Eric Nuzum.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Giving Up the Ghost.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann General how did you won this one?

Chris Choose the "Explore" link at the top of the Goodreads page and then "giveaways". It is a really fun way to see new books and to occasionally win one.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann General wow really? i'll try that one now. thanks! :)

Chris Good luck Ann!