Cami Hensley's Reviews > Breaking Lauren

Breaking Lauren by Jordan Deen

Jul 15, 12

bookshelves: ya-romance
Read in June, 2012

This book was a pleasant surprise. It gets a 4.5 from me.

I felt that Lauren's character was likable and someone readers could instantly sympathize with. I love the aspects of high school life in this story that are more parallel to the actual happenings in high schoool. I really don't like it when authors try to sugar coat things.

The chemistry between Danny and Lauren was so great. Even thought they spend a majority of this novel arguing or even not speaking to each other, it is the little looks or thoughts that make it so undeniable.

There were times when I just wanted to smack Lauren for her stupidity, but then I had to realize that everything we knew as a reader she had no clue about and if I was in her position would I really do anything differently?

Danny's character shows amazing growth in this book and I am not going to lie, I fell in love with him just reading his perspective. He may have done some horrible things and made some mistakes, but his atonement and transformation was beautiful. I'm a little scared about what happens next though.

The ending of this story totally shocked me. I was not expecting that. Most YA Novels that are not paranormal, etc. do not end like that. I'm not going to lie, I may have went into a bit of a Danny Rage when I realized I was on the last page and nothing had been resolved. Now I have to wait until January for Book #2? Man that is just not right!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Lauren.