Daleine's Reviews > Death in the City of Light: The Serial Killer of Nazi-Occupied Paris

Death in the City of Light by David King

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways
Recommended to Daleine by: goodreads book
Recommended for: Adults
Read from June 26 to July 03, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This was a Goodreads book I received. Death in the City of Light is a historical book about a serial killer in Paris during the second world war. The book describes how the murders were able to take place without people noticing that the people were missing. There is a lot of historical insight into the Nazi occupation and the French court system. I found the history aspect of the book wonderful. The book is well written. I would recommend it to people who like historical books. It is hard to understand at times and the mutilation is very descriptive.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death in the City of Light.

06/27/2012 page 39
9.0% "The true story of a serial killer in Paris during Nazi occupation. A lot of facts. I am having a hard time getting into it but am working on it. Well written just kind of graphic"
06/28/2012 page 93
22.0% "at times it drags and has information which does not seem to have anything to do with story. I am about ready to stop reading and then it gets interesting so I will keep reading. it does skip around a lot and is hard to follow"
06/30/2012 page 221
53.0% "story to get better, there is a lot of information on the Nazi's occupation of Paris."
show 3 hidden updates…