Tiffany Holme's Reviews > Tangled

Tangled by Erica O'Rourke

Jun 04, 2012

bookshelves: own, paperback, first-reads

Mo isn't quite who she used to be. On the outside she still looks like the same girl but on the inside she is growing and becoming so much more than all of that. Even though she thought she had done all she could and has fulfilled what was expected of her she can't just go back to her life. I mean she can't just become who she was when she just isn't that girl any more.

This book left me torn and conflicted in so many ways it is NUTS! Not in a bad way, I really enjoyed this read. Unlike the first I felt like this one just took off but the decisions that Mo makes and the things that she has to go through are way more intense. To help the ARCs or not? To dig up Colin's past or not? Ya sure they seem like little things but when you factor in the life altering out comes of the choices that Mo makes they really aren't.

I really enjoyed Mo more this book than the last one. I wouldn't exactly call her a whiner because she has no fear stepping forth to do what she feels right but she had a lot of inner moments. However she is really starting to grow more and more. I know that is the point and a character must develop to continue the story but Mo is learning not everything is as it seems and by doing that becoming someone she wants to be not what others want her to be. The moment she decided she wasn't going stay hidden was absolutely the best thing she could have done.

The love in this book stayed once again kind of in the back ground. It is always there but it is not really the focus. Luc is still around and still believes fate has made it so that they are together but not being a big believer in fate Mo still doesn't really listen. Doesn't stop Luc from trying. The only one that Mo seems to have eyes for is Colin. They have their moments and even when she says she isn't interested there is always the thought of him in her mind. If I were to be honest I am still a TEAM COLIN girl!

This novel was a super example of a sequel gone horribly right!! The pace rocked, the character development was mind blowing and the story development itself was wonderful. For this being the second book in a series it really held its own. Normally I feel a little let down in second books but this one was so amazing I didn't want it to end! Not just because of how great it was but because I know how long my wait is until Bound comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled.