Whitney's Reviews > Horns

Horns by Joe Hill

Jun 04, 12

This is an interesting book with an equally interesting main character. Joe Hill makes the “Devil” likable with qualities that people can relate to. I wish he would have actually explained why Ig was cursed/blessed with these horns and his transformation into a demon; there are some things left out that the reader has to gather on their own. Despite that, I couldn’t put the book down and enjoyed how layer after layer revealed more. I will admit I enjoyed Ig’s ability to hear the darkest secrets of people the best; I could have read an entire book with him Ig just walking down the street and touching random people and seeing their juicy and immoral actions. We all have that façade and god forbid someone peals it back and sees our true nature. I wasn’t disturbed as some other readers were; I guess I am more of a voyeur than I realized.

I was pretty shocked to find out half way through reading that Joe Hill was the son of Stephen King. I hope to see more by him, he seems to have a promising future as an author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Horns.