Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Fragile

Fragile by Shiloh Walker

Jan 30, 2009

bookshelves: 2009-reads, erotica
Read in January, 2009

Whew! My heart is still racing after finishing "Fragile" by Shiloh Walker. This is an expanded version of an e-book story titled 'Share and Share Alike', but even though I had already read the e-book, I was still riveted to the pages of the expanded novel. The tension was high, the mystery was intricate with plenty of suspects, and the sex was hot, hot, hot.

Devon survived the death of her parents only to end up the victim of a child molester. After running away, she spiraled down into drugs and life on the streets to forget. It was a social worker who saved her life and now, as an adult, Devon herself is a social worker fighting for children who can't fight for themselves. She's built a life for herself but is alone. Her buried fears means she's never been able to get close to a man...until a handsome doctor cares enough to break down her walls.

Luke is an ex-Army Ranger medic who's seen more than his share of cruelty and inhumanity. After a horrible injury, he leaves the military for life as a civilian doctor. From the first, Devon's air of fragility coupled with her inner strength fascinates him--but he also realizes she's wary and hiding something in her past. As he finally begins to get closer to Devon, she suffers a horrible attack and their life suddenly seems to fall apart. Suddenly she seems to fear Luke. Is she losing her mind...or is there someone else out there?

Chills, thrills, and a love story that will stay with you. But now I want the story of a couple of the secondary heroes...don't know whether to appreciate that or be frustrated :)
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fragile.

01/30/2009 page 201

Auntee Sounds like another good one!:)

message 2: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer This sounds great! I am adding it to my "Get this book" pile. Thanks for the great review!

Julie (jjmachshev) One of the best erotic suspense books...ever.

Auntee Yea! Just picked it up!

Kathrynn This sounds really good and I've enjoyed most of this author's books. Thank you. Going to look for this one.

Julie (jjmachshev) It's hot off the presses!!

Kathrynn It is! I just ordered it from B&N. Sure appreciate your reviews. Thank you!

MelissaB The plot sounds similar to Beautiful Girl, also by Shiloh Walker.

Julie (jjmachshev) I read Beautiful Girl and it didn't seem all that similar. But the whole 'woman in distress and Alpha to the rescue' is one scenario Walker does well!

MelissaB Great to know Julie! I will check this out, Shiloh has been impressing me with her books.

Julie (jjmachshev) I know what you mean. Even when I think I know what's going to happen...there's always a twist to it.

MelissaB It's sitting on my Kindle ready to go but Bone Crossed and Coyote's Mate are also calling my name.