Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > The Missing

The Missing by Shiloh Walker

Oct 27, 08

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in October, 2008

Fabulous! Riveting. Grabs you by the heart and throat and won't let go. "The Missing" is Shiloh Walker's latest release and it's a hell of a book! It's a bit darker and much deeper than any other of her works I've read (and that's quite a few) and in a totally good way.

Taige has always been different. Her psychic gift manifested when she was a very young child, but understanding her 'gift' took quite a lot longer. Her current career, finding lost and taken children, came about after a heartbreaking loss that cost her her one and only love. Now she accepts that she can't find every single one and it's not her choice who she can and cannot help. But when her lost love reappears seeking her assistance for his own child, will she be able to help him without losing her heart all over again.

I was wrapped up in this book from the first page. Walker has a skillful touch with making you feel for and with her characters. Taige is such a complex character who at times beats herself up more than anyone else can. Our hero, Cullen, is just as complicated. Their relationship is tangled and tantalizing with many ups and downs, but always hot. The only drawback I found was that I had the 'bad guy' figured out pretty quick, but that didn't keep me from enjoying the read while I watched the rest of her character's follow the clues. I hope she continues with a few more books in this world/setting as there are several very interesting secondary characters I would love to see with a story of their own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee This sounds really good!

message 2: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Is she generally a good author Julie? I have her story in the PRIVATE PLACES anthology to read.

Julie (jjmachshev) I like most of her stuff. She writes with a lot of emotion which I like...
J

message 4: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn I like most of Shiloh Walker's stuff, too. Once in awhile will get one I don't care "much" for, but generally I enjoy her books.

I really enjoyed her "Hunting: The Hunter." It's a paranormal and I thought it was wonderful. Sadly, the others in that series were not as good, IMO.