Roddy's Reviews > Six Easy Pieces: Essentials of Physics By Its Most Brilliant Teacher

Six Easy Pieces by Richard Feynman

Jul 23, 07

liked it
bookshelves: sciencebooksiveread
Recommended for: Yes
Read in January, 2007

This book is a first semester physics course rolled into, you guessed it, six easy pieces. Now, of course the author is one of the most brilliant scientific minds in the 20th century. So easy for him is like, basically hard. But his explanations do an excellent job of illustrating difficult concepts, and his illustrations do an excellent job of explaining abstract ideas. For example, did you know that electrons can be (and are) in more than one place at one time? That's true, they COULD be here or they COULD be there, The ARE in both places at once. And both is actually a convenient way of saying they are in every infinitely possible place they could possibly be all at once - and as such they are technically never in any one place. Getting it? Well, I think that's about chapter five. Anyway, I'm not selling this book, but I am actually recommending it.It really is a well written introduction to the exceptionally confusing and beautiful world of physics.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Easy Pieces.