Sx's Reviews > Star Crossed

Star Crossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce

F_50x66
Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: favorites, read-in-2012

It's been a long long while since I last touched YA fiction and boy, if all YA fiction is like this nowadays, give me more! I've lost count of how many times I've actually thumbed through this book and each time I fall in love with it a little more. We've got a really likeable prince, multiple multi faceted characters, and a complex heroine who can't really figure out herself (isn't that like most of us?), what is there not to like?

Yes, there is a distinct lack of romance, but strong, firm friendships are forged, which is really what Digger needed, a sense of family, a sense of being loved and needed by grace.

This world is carefully set up by the author, none of it feeling like too much exposition or dragging the text down. The current regime in Gerse is unlike facism, or even some forms of communism that readers would have been exposed to and would be familiar with. Magic is suppressed because of fear, and that very magic is not like Harry Potter. It takes two to cast a strong spell, making it very organic in that way, since absolute power corrupts and all that.

I felt like I had a peek into the world of Digger and the world she lived in, relishing each aspect of it like I was touring her world. Would definitely recommend and I can't wait for the third installment!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Crossed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new) - added it

Helen http://twitition.com/yvehg
Apparently, this is a petition for publishing the third book. The third book has not been picked up the author’s publisher. I haven't read a series, but I believe all stories deserve to have an ending, so if you liked the series I suggest you sign up.