Pam K.'s Reviews > Women Scorned

Women Scorned by Angela Alsaleem

F 50x66
Jun 03, 2012

Read in June, 2012

I received this book through the Librarything Early Reveiwers Program.

Starting with the rape/murder of a young woman by a cop, this story never loses it's pacing or fails to keep the reader engrossed and turning the pages. After the cop leaves her, Camilla comes back to life and goes looking for help......(Or does she really?) Why can nobody see her all bloody and hurt?... Why won't they help her?
When Libitina Flesher steals a body from a morgue to study, she finds the body is the undead. Thinking she will be the first to document a real zombie, she follows Camilla out into the forest.
Then comes Aludra - sent from The Dark One to bring back a spirit who will bring the spirit world into the living world. She is a very sick minded women who is hunting or luring Camilla.
I am a huge horror fan and just loved this book. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time reading it. If it was a movie, I definitely would have covered my eyes at a few point. But since the images were in my head, I couldn't hide from them. Every gory scene was described in perfect gross-me-out detail.
I can't wait to read something else from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Women Scorned.