Jessi's Reviews > Get Fluffy

Get Fluffy by Sparkle Abbey

This is the follow-up story to Desperate Housedogs. While I didn't like this book as much as the first, it was still a fun and fast read.
In this book, Melinda Langston (rather than her frenemy-cousin), a pet boutique owner, is the first-person character. While Caroline was my favorite of the two, I honestly can't tell if it's just because I read her story first. I think this is a really refreshing take on a mystery series having different but related characters in the series. It takes care of some of the "Jessica Fletcher" incredulity many cozies stretch to the limit.
Mel isn't having a good start in this novel. Though she's got the broach that's in the center of her contentious relationship with her cousin, she also gets into a very loud, very public argument with Mona Michaels, a woman who spends a lot of money on her pampered pooch (a star) at Mel's boutique, but tends to be... well... a rather crude word for a female dog.
Of course, Mona would be the person who then ends up dead. Luckily, (since this is a good mystery) Mel is only one in a cast of, well, not quite dozens, but more than a few people who might have wanted to kill Mona, including an ex-husband and even her "best" friend.
Not as good as the first one (that was just too much fun) but still a very good book. I can't wait until the next one comes out (and which cousin was really Granny's "favorite").
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Get Fluffy.