Grace's Reviews > When Zachary Beaver Came to Town

When Zachary Beaver Came to Town by Kimberly Willis Holt

Jun 03, 12

I was chosen to be in the group for the book, "When Zachary Beaver Came to Town". The book blurb was interesting but the story wasn’t that great. Toby and his best friend Cal have a regular, boring life. The fattest boy in the world enters their world and everything changes. Cal is determined to help Zachary Beaver (the fattest boy in the world) get baptized. After baptizing Zachary, Toby said,” … I wonder if he’s feeling different. Because standing out here waist deep in Gossimer Lake, next to my best friend, I’m feeling different—light and good and maybe even holy,” I thought this quote illustrated true and powerful friendship. This book was about true friendship and everything Toby did showed what people do when they truly love someone, I thought that this quote showed a small part of the great friendship. Thinking back this book is similar to most books I read but for some reason wasn’t interesting when I was reading it. At first, I thought it was because the author, Kimberly Willis Holt, didn’t write the book with details but now I think that reading this book with other people and looking at all the details was boring. I personally think that if I read the book by myself I would have enjoyed it more. I didn’t really like the book so I wouldn’t recommend this book. Maybe if I read it again when I grow older I can find the beauty in a book about a regular, boring town.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Zachary Beaver Came to Town.