Katrina Passick Lumsden's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

1964146
Dec 04, 13

Read from June 03 to 06, 2012

Yeah, I've continued with the series. Why, you ask? Why, when I so thoroughly despised Fifty Shades of Grey, would I do this to myself?

Why, for the fun factor, of course! Bad writing tends to make me giddy because I'm much better at being a horribly judgmental person critic than I am at....well, most anything else. Reading books this awful actually brings a certain amount of joy into my life. Plus, I had a few people tell me they couldn't wait for my reviews of the second and third Fifty books. Alas, here I am. Unfortunately (for me), Fifty Shades Darker wasn't quite as bad as as its predecessor. Don't get me wrong, it was still awful, but the rage-inducing badness of the first wasn't quite as powerful here. Or maybe I've built up a bit of an immunity. No matter, it's still bad, and I'm still going to have a hell of a lot of fun writing about it. Now, the first installment in this series made me so angry, I could barely write a coherent review. I'll be using more source material this time around (but don't worry, there will still be gifs).

Very first sentence:
"He's come back. Mommy's asleep or she's sick again."

My reaction to that sentence was a snort of laughter.

We begin with a prologue of Christian Grey having a night terror regarding a childhood memory. I simply couldn't help laughing when his mom's pimp treated me to six utterances of, "You are one fucked-up bitch." In a row.

After the prologue, we're right back in Anastasia's head (it's a good thing there's room for us in there). We're treated to a chapter of her wallowing in depression and self-pity while wasting away because Christian isn't there to remind her that eating is a fundamental aspect of survival. We're also introduced to Ana's new job at SIP, a small publishing company, and to her new boss. Mr. Jack Hyde.

Mr. Hyde? Really?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Psst! He's a villain! It isn't at all obvious, either. Total surprise.

After what seems a rather generous amount of whining from Ana, she and Christian are back together. Yay! All that screwed-up physical violence forgotten. It's so sweet, too, their reunion. Christian asks Ana why she didn't safeword in the midst of his assault (which occurred at the end of the first book), and she admits that she was overwhelmed and just...forgot. Call me crazy, but to me, this is understandable. You're not used to this consensual punishment thing (not to mention the fact that you never explicitly consented in the first place) and your man is enjoying viciously turning your ass into a slab of raw beef, and you forget there's an easy way out of it. I get that. Christian, not so much. He asks how he's ever going to trust her again. And Ana? She apologizes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Was I angry when I read that? Shit, yes, but thankfully, things ended up taking a turn. Ana sort of starts to stand up for herself and Christian begins to catch on that he's a total d-bag and maybe he should tone it down. This is where the story changed for me. It went from all-out rage-inducing (like the first book), to incomprehensible hilarity. I had thought the first line was good, but in comparison, lines like this are pure comedic gold:

"I want you, and the thought of anyone else having you is like a knife twisting in my dark soul."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh my, it's my dream man. He's crazy with a side of fries and he utters the worst romanticisms this side of a Nicholas Sparks novel.

The sex scenes are tamer in terms of their content, but they're also extremely limited in terms of content. The same thing happens every time; Christian flashes Ana a "look", during which his eyes darken (he might have a serious ocular condition), desire "pools in her belly", some undressing occurs, then there's nipple teasing, he blows, sucks, nips, licks, whatever, and she is usually pretty passive, save for her gyrating hips, which were once "caught up in his cool vanilla spell" (I couldn't make this shit up), and then....Ana explodes.

WARNING: Graphic Visual Interpretation of Christian and Ana's Sex (view spoiler)

Oh, and she apparently loses consciousness after every orgasm. Why is this happening? She might be anemic. She should get that checked out.

There was one really gross sex scene, though. The ice cream scene. Christian is dripping ice cream all over Ana, and I was going, "Ewwww!" because I really hate the stickiness of sugary foods anywhere on my body, and can you imagine that shit getting in your hair? (Oh, hush). Whatever, that's not the point. The point is, this doesn't sound right: "He shifts lower and starts eating the ice cream in my belly..."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's the Zombie plague! It's got hold of Fifty! It's Fifty shades of viscera!!
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Aaaanywho, where was I? Oh, right, the sex. Boring. Even more boring than in the first book because the same wording is used for nearly every scene. And since there are a lot of sex scenes, I experienced no less than 15 instances of deja vu. Even my inner voice sounded bored; "He slides his fingers in and swirls, blah blah blah, erection digging into my hip, yadda yadda, gotta remember to pick up milk at the store tomorrow..."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The tiresomely redundant writing would probably be a little easier to deal with if not for the fact that the majority of it is used to express the thoughts of what is unquestionably the dumbest character in the history of literature. Ana is a mental midget. This is not about her choices, it's about her inability to comprehend even the simplest of concepts. I think my favorite demonstration was during a charity auction Christian's parents were hosting. One of Christian's "ex-subs" (that's ex-submissive for those who aren't in the know *wink wink*) is wandering around, apparently armed and gunning for Ana. Or Christian. We never really know for sure, but anyway, because of this threat, Christian has hired more security. Taylor, Christian's chief bodyguard, now has three guys under his command, and all four of them are cruising the party, keeping an eye out for Ms. Small, Dark, and Nutsy. After watching a fireworks display (during which Ana was awed like a fucking four-year-old), I was treated to this exchange:

Christian: "Stay with me a moment. Taylor wants us to wait while the crowd disperses."
Ana: (thinks) Oh.
Christian: "I think that fireworks display probably aged him a hundred years."
Ana: "Doesn't he like fireworks?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's not even the best part, though. The best part is Christian's reaction:

"Christian gazes down at me fondly and shakes his head but doesn't elaborate."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I had a really hard time not imagining what went through Christian's mind. You know what I'm talking about. "Oh, darling, it's a good thing you're hot. Otherwise I'd take you up in Charlie Tango right now and push you out somewhere over the Space Needle."

There were times, of course, when the idiocy wasn't restricted to Ana and her vacuous noggin. At one point, Christian and Ana are discussing his crazy ex-sub, Leila, and Ana can tell Christian is holding something back, so she snaps at Christian to tell her what's going on.

"She managed to obtain a concealed weapons permit yesterday."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Really? I know E.L. James is a Brit, and yeah, maybe she views this as the United States of Barbarity, but you can't just wander into a fucking gun store and ask for a goddamn CPL. In fact, in Washington state, it can take up to 60 days for an out-of-state resident to receive theirs, and that's after the background check. The stupid doesn't end there, though.

"Oh shit. I gaze at him, blinking, and feel the blood draining from my face as I absorb this news. I may faint. Suppose she wants to kill him? No. “That means she can just buy a gun,” I whisper."

Well, sure, if she wants to be all obvious about it. I kinda figured she'd go the subtle route and get herself a bunny.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was during moments like that when I wished I knew Ana in real life, simply for of the amount of fun that could be had fucking with her.

"Ana, you don't understand. It's so much worse than that. A concealed weapons permit means she can buy a concealed weapon. Concealed weapons are....invisible."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Did I mention Ana's dumb? Well, guess what? She also has the emotional maturity of a fruit fly. It's worse than hanging out with a love-sick 14-year-old. Why? Because it's hanging out with a love-sick 21-year-old with the emotional maturity of a fruit fly. I thought I made this clear. You know who else made it clear? E.L. James. I was beaten over the head over and over and over again with Ana's self-doubt and insecurities. She's so unsure of herself, in fact, that she keeps asking the reader questions; "What is he trying to tell me?" "What does he/she mean?" "What is going on?" "What should I do?" "Where is our relationship going?" "What was that about?" "Where are we going?" "What is he planning?" "What is he gonna do?" "How does he know?"

Hey, Ana! Guess what?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When she's not whining, crying, giggling, getting railed, or giving herself a migraine trying to think, she's going on and on in these relentless inner diatribes about how hot/sexy/adorable/god-like/beautiful Christian is, and joy is erupting inside her every time she realizes she's with him, and she gets a warm feeling whenever she thinks about how much she lurves him, and on and on and ooooon. Her inner goddess (ridiculous metaphor for her vagina) is still annoyingly present, and her subconscious has gotten even bitchier (just how Ana knows what's going on in her subconscious has yet to be determined). One of the best parts about her inner dialogue is that she's always telling us what's going on after we've had the scene described to us. And several times she reacts with astounded shock that someone *gasp* changed the subject. (No. I am not fucking kidding.)

Ana is that special friend you end up wanting to choke to death every time you talk to her, but you don't have the ambition to tell her to go fuck herself with a rake, so you avoid her when you can, and when you can't, you sit around listening to her inane babbling like...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Her insecurity reaches monumental, mind-blowing levels, however, when she finds Leila (remember her?) in her apartment. Lord Fisterbottom rushes in to save the day, of course, but then Ana watches him go all "Dom" on Leila to defuse the situation. Then he ends up at Leila's side, stroking her hair, trying to chillaxe the crazy broad, and Ana starts getting jealous! Right there, I'm not kidding! She doesn't want to leave the apartment because she's afraid of what will happen between Christian and Loony Tunes! Taylor has to forcibly remove Ana from her apartment, and the whole time we're treated to Ana's bullshit thoughts regarding whether or not Christian is going to leave her for Leila.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Fucked up, right? There's a time and a place for insecurity; that ain't it.

Oh, then she finds out Christian gave Leila a bath. What that has to do with the story, I have no idea.

So are you getting the gist? Lots and lots of melodrama. Well, we haven't gotten to Christian's melodrama yet, so prepare yourselves. He starts freaking out on Ana, telling her she can't leave, she means everything to him, he needs her, blah blah blah, and then....then he says, "I'm a sadist, Ana. I like to whip little brown-haired girls like you because you all look like the crack whore - my birth mother."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Say what? Normal reaction to this is revulsion and horror. To give her some credit, Ana is a little horrified. Does she leave?

"Then it hit me like a wrecking ball. If he's a sadist, he really needs all that whipping and caning shit. Oh fuck. I put my head in my hands. "So it's true," I whisper, glancing up at him, "I can't give you what you need." This is it - this really does mean we are incompatible."

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That is not the proper response to your boyfriend's revelation that he likes to abuse and sex you because you look like his mom! This is:

*Sigh*

There's also a helicopter crash, a marriage proposal, a showdown with an ephebophile, and an attempted rape. Why? Because why the fuck not?

I don't even know where to go from here. This book is ridiculous. Even more so than the first since it's trying to sell the reader on this impossible scenario. You cannot change an abusive man, and it is dangerous folly to try. Quit romanticizing it. Fantasy is one thing, impossible delusions are quite another.

I suppose I'll close with one of my favorite lines from the mind of the magnificently inept Miss Steele:

"Raiding the fridge once more, I gather potatoes, ham, and - Yes! - peas from the freezer."

Peas!!!

And I'm out.

Click here to read my review of Fifty Shades of Grey
Click here to read my review of Fifty Shades Freed
4742 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

06/03/2012 "Haven't started it yet. Still recovering from the first. Unlike the people who became addicted to this series, I'm having the opposite reaction. Do I have to? Ugh, I suppose I do..." 10 comments
06/03/2012
1.0% "A few pages in and I'm laughing.

"His mom, the crack whore?"

Lol, who PHRASES it that way?"
06/04/2012
17.0% "79 Notes Marks. Yeah, already.

Christian: "Well? Your last meal?"

Me: "Is he finally going to kill her?!?!?"

Alas, no:("
06/04/2012
28.0% "118 Notes and Marks. I can't help it, there are so many things wrong with this.

"...and the thought of someone else having you is like a knife twisting in my dark soul."

*Choked laughter*

If a guy said that to me, I'd call him a vagina and walk away laughing." 2 comments
06/05/2012
58.0% "Oh myyyyyy....is this ever going to end? I mean, holy cow!" 1 comment

message 151: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Nancy wrote: "Thank you for hating 50 Shades as much as I did but being ever so much funnier about it!!!!

-nan
Pandora's Key (The Key Trilogy, #1) by Nancy Richardson Fischer"

Aw, thanks, Nan, it's not a problem at all. We haters folks with taste gotta stick together, right?;)

message 152: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Fischer Yes! Since we have the same "taste," any great book recommendations for me?

message 153: by Katrina (last edited Jul 17, 2012 03:11PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Nancy wrote: "Yes! Since we have the same "taste," any great book recommendations for me?"

My tastes vary, and I get into different moods for different things. Right now, I'm kind of obsessed with reading historical romance. Just recently discovered Ellen O'Connell and love her books. Been reading a lot of Susanna Kearsley lately, but hers are historical and modern romance. The Winter Sea, The Rose Garden, and Mariana are the three I've read so far, and I love them.

If you like YA books at all, I absolutely adored Saving June, Ashes, and Immortal Beloved.

For modern romance, I think my favorite so far this year was Attachments.

Here's a link to my top-rated: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 154: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Fischer Katrina wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Yes! Since we have the same "taste," any great book recommendations for me?"

Thanks so much! I'll put them all on my list:-) Have you tried: Outlander? LOVED the series. Also just read: The Sparrow and was blown away.

message 155: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Diane wrote: "I'm sorry, can barely write/type, tears of laughter clouding my vision. Did I mention I think you are a genius?"

Lol, thank you once again, Diane:D

message 156: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Nancy wrote: "Katrina wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Yes! Since we have the same "taste," any great book recommendations for me?"

NP!

I absolutely love Outlander, but the second one has been tough-going for me. I've been reading it since December, haha. It's just been dragging for me.

message 157: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Zwirn I had to friend you. You are brilliant.

message 158: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Jacquelyn wrote: "I had to friend you. You are brilliant."

Thank you, Jacquelyn:) FR received and accepted. Looking forward to Goodreading with you (yup, just made it a verb, lol).

message 159: by Kara (new)

Kara I can't even comment coherently on this review because I'm actually crying laughing.

message 160: by Jamallah (new)

Jamallah Bergman ROTFLMAO STILL....I love this!

message 161: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Evans another great review made my day this has

message 162: by Lizzie (last edited Jul 18, 2012 06:19AM) (new)

Lizzie Best review ever, I totally agree, this book should never have been written. In fact, your review was a million times more entertaining and very funny! Your awesome, Thanks :)

message 163: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Fischer Katrina wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Katrina wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Yes! Since we have the same "taste," any great book recommendations for me?"

My tastes vary, and I get into different moods for different things. Right..."

I agree - the second one was tough... but worth it for the third one!!

message 164: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Kara wrote: "I can't even comment coherently on this review because I'm actually crying laughing."

Lol. I've had that happen before.

At least this book was good for something; all the laughs. Laughing is great for you, after all.

message 165: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Jamallah wrote: "ROTFLMAO STILL....I love this!"

Thanks;)

message 166: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Gabby wrote: "another great review made my day this has"

Thanks again, Gabby!

BTW, are you channeling Yoda? If so, awesome.

message 167: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Lizzie wrote: "Best review ever, I totally agree, this book should never have been written. In fact, your review was a million times more entertaining and very funny! Your awesome, Thanks :)"

Aw, thanks, Lizzie!

message 168: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Nancy wrote: "Katrina wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Katrina wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Yes! Since we have the same "taste," any great book recommendations for me?"

My tastes vary, and I get into different moods for differe..."

Is it? I was hoping the third would pick up a bit. Maybe I'll finally force myself to finish the second.

message 169: by Mandy (new)

Mandy I glitter puffy heart you.

message 170: by Diana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diana You are a writing genius. You should write a book! lol. Superb review.

message 171: by Cindy Lynn (new)

Cindy Lynn Because I'm an author I try not to laugh...I really, really tried hard not to laugh...at other people's bad reviews. I mean, it seems hypocritical, somehow.

But you not only make excellent points (Yay! I will never read these books!) but I snorted. A lot. Thank you for cheering up my day.

message 172: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Mandy wrote: "I glitter puffy heart you."

OK, that is just hilarious. Thank you! =)

message 173: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Diana wrote: "You are a writing genius. You should write a book! lol. Superb review."

Thank you, Diane! Perhaps one day I'll muster the ambition to do just that. =)

message 174: by Katrina (last edited Jul 18, 2012 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Cindy wrote: "Because I'm an author I try not to laugh...I really, really tried hard not to laugh...at other people's bad reviews. I mean, it seems hypocritical, somehow.

But you not only make excellent points..."

Well, I'll be damned if that isn't one of the best compliments I've ever received. The fact that you couldn't completely contain your laughter is ego-swelling. Dangerously so. Lol.

Thank you, Cindy! I'm glad I was able to brighten your day. =)

message 175: by Saki (new)

Saki i love ur review...

message 176: by Monique (new)

Monique Rockliffe Like the first one: Brilliant!! And off I go to read number three!!!

message 177: by Jean (new)

Jean Mental midget? I'm stealing that. You, my dear, are the best! So. Fucking. Funny.

message 178: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden cherry wrote: "i love ur review..."

Thanks, Cherry!

message 179: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Monique wrote: "Like the first one: Brilliant!! And off I go to read number three!!!"

Thanks again, Monique!

message 180: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Jean wrote: "Mental midget? I'm stealing that. You, my dear, are the best! So. Fucking. Funny."

Steal away, I definitely don't hold the patent;)

Thank you!

message 181: by Kara (new)

Kara Katrina wrote: "Right now, I'm kind of obsessed with historical romance"

Did you read either The Shoemaker's Wife or A Reliable Wife? I really enjoyed both of those - I don't know if Reliable is a "romance" per se though, but it's historical!

Okay, for the time being I'm going to quit stalking you and get some work done....

message 182: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Kara wrote: "Katrina wrote: "Right now, I'm kind of obsessed with historical romance"

I haven't read either of those, actually! Maybe I'll check 'em out, thanks for the recommendations:)

message 183: by Kara (new)

Kara NP! Hope you enjoy them!

message 184: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I am so glad I found you and your reviews. Iwasthisclose to purchasing the first book, but alas, an inner voice (or was it my inner goddess?) emphatically screamed at me to "put the book back". Thank you for what has been the best piece of literary work I've had the pleasure to read :)

message 185: by Bill (new)

Bill Thomas Seriously, I'm amazed when after reading a review like that, people will be like "Hey, did you read (insert shitty mommy porn novel here)??? What did you think?" Meanwhile, I on the other hand, just want to hug you, get you all liquored up and sit outside some bistro on a 75 degree night picking your brain. Then maybe give you a bath.

message 186: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Katrina wrote: "Mandy wrote: "I glitter puffy heart you."

OK, that is just hilarious. Thank you! =)"

ha. you're welcome. Its a high honor.

message 187: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Nicole wrote: "I am so glad I found you and your reviews. Iwasthisclose to purchasing the first book, but alas, an inner voice (or was it my inner goddess?) emphatically screamed at me to "put the book back". Tha..."

Excellent choice, Nicole! Your inner goddess has definitely served you well. But if she starts talking about buying her designer clothes or chaise lounges, tell that bitch what's up.

Thanks;)

message 188: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Bill wrote: "Seriously, I'm amazed when after reading a review like that, people will be like "Hey, did you read (insert shitty mommy porn novel here)??? What did you think?" Meanwhile, I on the other hand, jus..."

I just lol'd all over myself, Bill, thanks. Now I've gotta go get cleaned up.

Oh, never mind, you said you'd give me a bath. This is how adults bond!

XD

message 189: by Mandy (new)

Mandy btw ladies, just wanted to make sure you knew about this AMAZING AMAZING BLOG: http://50shadesofsuck.tumblr.com/
prepare to wet your pants in a very non-sexual well.

message 190: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Mandy wrote: "btw ladies, just wanted to make sure you knew about this AMAZING AMAZING BLOG: http://50shadesofsuck.tumblr.com/
prepare to wet your pants in a very non-sexual well."

Go all the way back to her first post and read that way. She literally reads and dissects each ridic line from these books.

message 191: by Katrina (new) - rated it 1 star

Katrina Passick Lumsden Mandy wrote: "btw ladies, just wanted to make sure you knew about this AMAZING AMAZING BLOG: http://50shadesofsuck.tumblr.com/
prepare to wet your pants in a very non-sexual well."

I love that page. I saw the "peas" line there before I even read the second book.

message 192: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle I forced myself to read all 3. I am soooo glad I did, because it makes these reviews that much more awesome!!

message 193: by Chris (new)

Chris I would just like to say, you truly are a genius Katrina!

Amy (Turn the Page) I'm crying from laughter - this review is amazing.

message 195: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Fogerty You are HILARIOUS thank you so much for these reviews

message 196: by Huw (new)

Huw Roberts Again a brilliantly funny and incisive review. My character Clamidia Staines is quite the opposite of the simpering Ana. She's got balls bigger than a rhino. You can read Clamidia Staines agony aunt & sexpert at www.clamidiablog.wordpress.com Again sorry to plug my blog here, but having read every single thing about 50 shades on the planet as I'm trying to plug my new book its nice to find such a good review and a group of people who may like my work too. Its adult content over at mine but fucking funny. Nite y'all

message 197: by Alejandra (new)

Alejandra My friend Laura doesn't have an account but wanted to leave you a comment so I'm doing it for her. She says:

"Katrina, This is everything I was thinking, but you are funnier than I could write! I just had one minor correction to this review: Leila is the ex-dom, not the ex-sub. And no, I won't open up the book to find the name of the ex-sub. ;p

Btw, one other thing that annoyed me (in addition to everything you said) was all the British slang & interests that did not fit with an American narrator. Ana's Dad loving soccer? Random.... but probably b/c James knows nothing about American football, baseball, or NASCAR, which is more likely what this type of person would love? Anyway, thanks!

Laura"

message 198: by Jacklyn (new) - rated it 1 star

Jacklyn That 50 Shades of Suck tumblr thing is hilarious!

message 199: by Megan (new)

Megan Noelle So I absolutely love love love these reviews. I read them all then went to make dinner for me and my daughter and was still laughing about your comments! My aunt told me to read these- and I heard they were 'amazing' so I said why not. Well I thought it was just me that thought the writing was terrible!

The fact that they have this crazy, undying, passionate love... and how long have they known each other?? I understand the whole 'love at first sight' thing. But noooo guy changes that fast, and the way her whole life was over- the whole WEEK they were apart.

I kept waiting for some moment for her to stand up to him and walk out and not immediately forgive his crazy -ass-ways.

Then E.L. James tries to incorporate some sort of plot, and once it seems to have potential- it either goes nowhere, or just ends really abruptly.

I am soooo damn tired of reading about this weak ass looking women. There is noooo way a women in her right mind would put up with all this shit- ESPECIALLY after knowing this guy like what... a month??

Oh-- and the end of your comment with the line about the peas... and the gifs to go along with it... I started crying I was laughing so hard. When I read that line in the book I HOPED peas was a metaphor- for like a diamond ring or something- because it was just weird!

-Megan

message 200: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Crispin Please tell me you're reading the last one!