Justin's Reviews > Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

M 50x66
Jun 03, 12

Read on June 03, 2012

As far as I'm concerned, she had it, and then she lost it.

Dreamfever finally brought me to a place where I was happy with Karen Marie Moning's Fever novels, and then this book dashed all that upon the rocks.

Problem number 1: Mac goes back to being completely idiotic. Like, absolutely. For one book she was an independent woman who made her own decisions and choices, and here she is once again reduced to taking orders from every single man that crosses her path. It was utterly infuriating.

Problem number 2: Suddenly we just don't know who Mac is. She's all of a sudden unsure of her identity and who she is and who she's meant to be and, surprise, surprise, she jumps to about 3 different conclusions throughout the book and is completely wrong about all of them.

Problem number 3: Barrons. For reasons why, see every single other Fever review I've submitted. Abusive asshole. Unhealthy relationship. End of story.

On the other hand, the novel was compelling and interesting, despite the constant idiocy oozing from every page. The ending was very engaging and contained some unexpected betrayal and some other exciting surprises. Moning always seems to have a few good twists up her sleeve, despite her other shortcomings.

Final Judgement: Plot wise, the story reached it's climax and was actually pretty decent. Character development wise, we took a nosedive practically back the beginning. We'll just leave it at that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.