David Teachout's Reviews > Practicing the Presence: The Inspirational Guide to Regaining Meaning and a Sense of Purpose in Your Life

Practicing the Presence by Joel S. Goldsmith

Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: spiritual
Read from June 03 to July 27, 2012

"I and the father are one," is the sufficiency of the teaching though it's nuance and practice are of a depth requiring stillness and a meditative revelation. It is important to keep in mind that many of the terms used here, while the same as those of conservative fundamentalism, are intimately not the same in usage. Goldsmith hammers out with the lightest of blows a series of truths that are at once enlightening and soul-searing as the ego with which we as people are so enamored is replaced by the Oneness which is god and love. It is not a book to skim or read once but to soak in and revel in a personal awakening.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Practicing the Presence.

06/21/2012 page 54
38.0% "The teaching is: Never worship effect; never hate, feat, or love any effect."
07/02/2012 page 66
46.0% ""Fulfillment comes about only as you and I are able to relinquish the personal sense of self, in order that god may fulfill Itself.""
07/26/2012 page 93
65.0% ""There is nothing in the world that has any way of returning to us except that which we place out in the world. The principle is that life is complete within us. As pled permit it to flow out, it flows back to us.""