Elizabetta's Reviews > Carny's Magic

Carny's Magic by K.Z. Snow

Jun 07, 12

Read from June 06 to 07, 2012

Carny’s Magic was a mixed bag for me. If you're looking for more Jackson and Adin (and who isn't) then this is a good update on how they're doing. They are still together and very much in love though it’s interesting to see some of Jackson's continued insecurities about their relationship here. If you haven't already read about this couple in Snow's previous books it's OK, this one works fine as a stand alone though your experience here will be richer for having read them.

But the book is called Carny’s Magic and we start off getting to know 19 year old Carny, a vibrant, colorful, and cocky kinda guy trying to find his way in the world. He meets and is drawn to Peter, a beautiful (think Andrej Pejic beautiful), mysterious guy with some strange issues. Carny enlists Jackson’s help to work his wizard mojo to help Peter.

Halfway through the tale we switch from Carny’s POV to Jackson’s. So, a little issue I have with this story is also what I like about it. We get more Jackson/Adin but the title suggests that this is really supposed to be Carny and Peter's story. You see why Snow makes this shift, it does push the plot -- Jackson’s help in rescuing Peter - but for me it’s also a big disconnect and a missed opportunity to ‘flesh’ out what Carny and Peter have going on. Having said that, there is still a lot of fun to be had with these two hot couples.

Jackson and Adin Memorable Image:
“Huffing, they disengaged just long enough to scramble into a sixty-nine...The strength of their circuit again struck Adin, both in his soul and in the reactionary recesses of his testes. They’d become a tense, trembling snake swallowing its own tail.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carny's Magic.