Merary's Reviews > Stormdancer

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff

UPDATE 6/6/12: NOT UNTIL SEPTEMBER 18TH???!!!

But, but, but . . .

UPDATE 6/11/12: This book is seducing me to the point of no return. And I also have the hots for it, too. Can I have sex with book?

Pretty please? :3

Come on! Don't stop two lovers from true lust!! :'(

UPDATE 10/13/12: Yes. I got this book right now. *Book looks at me seductively* We are finally together. *chuckles* Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date. *closes the door and leaves a DO NOT DISTURB sign outside*

UPDATE 10/23/12: On hold for now. The library DEMANDED me to have this returned (It was really overdue and I was $.50 cents in debt). Sigh. I'll miss you, book. :'(

UPDATE 10/25/12: We meet again, sweet lover. Now, let's open your delicate pages to reveal your really splendid words. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stormdancer.

10/12/2012 "FUCK YES!!!!"
10/15/2012 page 18
5.0% "One complaint so far: THE FONT IS TOO SMALL!!"
10/17/2012 page 34
10.0% "Book, please get more interesting. NOW!"
10/23/2012 page 170
52.0% "Now that's what I'm talking about!
Stormdancer and I finally understand our relationship. Not good at the beginning, but now we are making magic, baby! :D"
11/04/2012 page 268
83.0% "Kin is baaaaaack!"
11/04/2012 page 269
83.0% "Okay, book, prove once and for all that Kin and Yukiko belong together, because so far I'm not seeing it!"
11/04/2012 page 270
83.0% "If he could have given up every day of his life at that moment, for just one minute with his flesh pressed against hers, he would have done it with a smile on his face.

Bow chicka wow wow."
11/04/2012 page 270
83.0% "Kin: "I'm coming with you."
YAY!!"
11/04/2012 page 275
85.0% "Wait, I'm confused. Who's the love interest?
Kin or Hiro?" 2 comments
11/04/2012 page 282
87.0% "Oh, shit!!!"
11/04/2012 page 295
91.0% "Yukiko just got extra awesome. :)"
11/04/2012 page 310
96.0% ". . . BUUUUUURUUUUUU!!!!!"
11/04/2012 page 313
97.0% ". . . Uh-oh."
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Jay (new) - added it

Jay Kristoff Gahhhhh! I am beset on all sides by these demon ponies!!

Merary Jay wrote: "Gahhhhh! I am beset on all sides by these demon ponies!!"

Obey Apple Bloom, OBEY!! :D

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj How is this so far? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews, so I'm not entirely sure about reading it =/.

Merary ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj wrote: "How is this so far? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews, so I'm not entirely sure about reading it =/."

The usual: Slow beginning and infodump, until it reaches page 130. From there, it is just simply good for me. :)

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Oooh I'm not a fan of info dumping. But I guess I'll still check it out. Is the main character kickass? I'm hoping she is!

Merary ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj wrote: "Oooh I'm not a fan of info dumping. But I guess I'll still check it out. Is the main character kickass? I'm hoping she is!"

She is fierce. XD

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj YAY. =D

message 8: by Merary (last edited Oct 23, 2012 07:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Merary ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj wrote: "YAY. =D"

(view spoiler)

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Oh, ok. I'll remember to take my time reading this then. I hope my library brings it to me soon.

Merary ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj wrote: "Oh, ok. I'll remember to take my time reading this then. I hope my library brings it to me soon."

And I hope they give this back to me. Fortunately, it didn't have any holds. ^-^

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj LOL I mentally yell at the people who have holds on books before me to hurry up and return the friggin' book so I can read it. Honestly, some take forever.

Merary ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj wrote: "LOL I mentally yell at the people who have holds on books before me to hurry up and return the friggin' book so I can read it. Honestly, some take forever."

Some never return it. One time, I wanted to check out Hallowed but someone already did. I put it on hold but the freaking person never returned it and I was waiting eagerly for THREE MONTHS. Fortunately, the library finally noticed and bought it again. And I now have it. :)

message 13: by ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj (last edited Oct 23, 2012 07:42PM) (new) - added it

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Ugh, I hate irresponsible people like that. But what I hate the most is when people take poor care of library books. When I checked out Graceling, on every single page there was this disgusting brown stuff stuck on it. Reading that book was hell because I was trying to avoid touching it. But I told the librarian about it later. Seriously, some people. *shakes head*

message 14: by Merary (last edited Oct 23, 2012 08:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Merary ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj wrote: "When I checked out Graceling, on every single page there was this disgusting brown stuff stuck on it. "

And THAT'S why I sometimes buy books. >.<

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Yup. Unfortunately I'm broke right now so I can only buy few books and have to rely on the library for the most part. But one day I'll be buying most of my books. One day.

Merary ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj wrote: "Yup. Unfortunately I'm broke right now so I can only buy few books and have to rely on the library for the most part. But one day I'll be buying most of my books. One day."

Likewise. One day. :)