Julianna Helms's Reviews > The Archived

The Archived by Victoria Schwab

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: bam-covers, own-arc, ala-12, needs-review-about-now, re-read-status, traded-with-awesome-people
Read from June 24 to July 22, 2012

**Quick Reaction**

So lately I've been squashed by the debate tournaments that had me dragging through the night doing random research, but now that it's over I find myself with way too much free time, which, of course, means that I can finally go back to reading more! Yay!

Here's the thing. I stayed up past 3AM to finish reading this book and it's so subtly vivid, so quietly morbid that it actually managed to scare me more than Anna Dressed in Blood did (though I did read ADiB in the daylight...). I think this book is pretty much awesome, like its cover. It's not just a haunting story. It's freaking chilling. And Wesley is the guy you'll root for if you are a fan of Augustus Waters.

In any case, this book harbors some major twists. Most I saw coming but one I didn't at all, which of course is always pleasantly surprising.

**more intelligently phrased full reaction/review coming closer to release date** (Meanwhile, why not check out my blog?)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Archived.