Tricia's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Jun 03, 2012

Divergent is one of those books that stay with you long after you are done reading it. I love the world that Veronica Roth created. I was trying to put my finger on exactly what I loved so much about this book before writting this review. At the end I think what I came up with is so simple, but yet so many books just don't get right these days. IT WAS FUN! It was a super fun read. The writting flowed so easily. The characters were so easy to fall in love with. (Especially Four) I also loved that Tris (the lead character) was strong, yet flawed. I love imperfections in my characters. It's what makes them interesting and what ultimatly makes me root for them the most. The plot flowed easily and there were plenty of things that I saw coming, but there were plenty of others that totally caught me off guard. The book made me laugh and it made me cry. It's a book that I have gone back to and re-read a handful of times. I also have to say that I read this book before all the hype that it now has been receiving. Sometimes, when I book is so highly praised, you go into it expecting too much. Don't do that with Divergent. I felt that even though maybe nothing about this book was great. EVERYTHING about this book was really, really good. And once again, IT WAS FUN! That is why I gave it 5 stars. It is by far the book I have had the most fun reading all year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

Quotes Tricia Liked

Veronica Roth
“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
Veronica Roth, Divergent