Yvonne's Reviews > Just What the Truth Is

Just What the Truth Is by Cardeno C.

Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: m-m
Read in June, 2012

This is a new author for me. I really liked the book the writing style & narrator for the most part. Ben is funny & self deprecating & his love interest Micah is solid, mature & patient. The story is not terribly original dealing with in the closet & coming out but I still enjoyed it. I think because the author glossed over some of the confrontations Ben had with his parents over this issue. Fine by me, who needs the tedious details writing about the endless handwringing of the non accepting parent. On the other hand, Micah's parents were a nice contrast with his mother being particularly amusing.

At some point, however, the internal conflicts Ben is going through is resolved & the book seemed to reach a conclusion--except it doesn't end. Unfortunately after this the book descended into super sweet saccharin territory. The book would have been better served without this but apparently this is the author's trademark. I'm curious about his other works so will probably check out some others. I found this to be a good read despite all that sweetness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just What the Truth Is.