Libby's Reviews > Heartbeat

Heartbeat by Sharon Creech

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: my-inner-teen
Read in June, 2012

Sometimes I wonder why I keep reading a book (even when I am clearly annoyed), and why other times I quit and could care less if I ever finish.

This is a book that clearly is a young adult book, and maybe for some 13 year old this book will be perfect for them. However, the style of this book completely annoyed me. There was so much repetition with words that I felt like I was having a lesson on "learning words." The story line was rather mature material for a teen reader, dealing with a Mother giving birth (naturally) and a Grandfather getting ready to pass away. I guess when I was about 13 years old my concerns were what to wear to school, and does this certain boy like me? It was a very quick read, but would only recommend this story to someone (of the young adult age) who is dealing with a Mother being pregnant with their second child thirteen years later after only having one child, or someone who is dealing with death of very close member of their family. If you don't fit that criteria don't read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartbeat.