Helen's Reviews > Sacred Scars

Sacred Scars by Kathleen Duey

Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: adventure, fantasy
Read in June, 2012

I loved the 1st book in the series Skin Hunger and I loved this book as well. I gotta admit, I was kinda freaked out by the cover image, but the picture was perfect for the darkness and evil woven through the whole plot. I'm still trying to figure out who the woman on the cover is...my thinking it that it must be Sadima 'cause that's the whole main character that's a female in the whole book, but what do I know?

Anyways, this book was surprisingly much larger than the 1st book in the series, much larger. I had to lug this book onto a cruise and I swear it made my suitcase 5 lbs heavier. Not really, but seriously, it's pretty big.

If you've read the 1st book, you'll know all the pain and hard work that Sadima and Franklin have been through together. Well guess, what? There's even more pain and heartbreak in this book for them, especially for Sadima. But the positive side is that things seem to get slightly better for the boys in the present storyline of this book. You'll see. *wink*

Although this book was thoroughly depressing, sad, and heartbreaking, it was also freakishly good. Can't wait to read the next book in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacred Scars.